Whether preparing for a romantic or family meal or making a major feast; there’s nothing better than having an aesthetically-pleasing fancy dessert on the table. The best dessert recipes are the ones that look mouthwatering yet are easy to make. Sweet and sugar-laden pastries are perfect to satisfy every sweet tooth. Chocolate, traditional and unconventional confectionery; it doesn’t matter what your particular craving is. There’s one for everyone, as you’d find out in this article. Without further ado, here are 13 fancy desserts suggestions you can whip up in the comfort of your kitchen.
- Baklava: This is one of the oldest known pastries, bearing its origins from the Ottoman cuisine. This delicious dessert that melts in your mouth is a wonderful combination of pecan and macadamia nuts layered in between a specially-made filo pastry, takes time to make. But trust us when we say it’s definitely worth all the effort.
- Strawberry Cheesecake: You can never go wrong with cheesecake. Cheese, milk and sugar comprise the main ingredients of this heavenly dessert – which features a soft layer with a crusty base. When topped with chocolate-coated fresh strawberries, this dessert will look like a million.
- Gourmet cakes: If you want to show your baking expertise, whip up some gourmet cakes like torte cake, truffle cake, and mousse cake. These artfully baked sweets are perfect for any occasion, especially if you want to show your most favorite persons in the world how much you love them. If you’re not up to challenge yet, consider buying one at Soul Sweet Boutique.
- Blueberry Lemon Trifle: The English are credited for making this liquor-mixed pastry. They look complicated with layers of fresh fruits, sponge and custard, and they’re highly flexible, you can mix fruits in season.
Some versions go with chocolate or vanilla instead of a fruit layer. Additionally, the sponge and custard layers may be replaced by jelly, and finally topped with whipped cream.
- Upside down cake: A huge serving of pineapples sitting on a spongy cake that’s topped with caramelized sugar is as drool-worthy as you could imagine. Contrary to common practice, you can use other types of fruits to top your cake.
- Chocolate pudding: If you’d rather skip the heat of the oven, no-bake or chilled chocolate desserts are perfect for you. A chocolate pudding, which may look rather fancy with the right toppings, is very easy to make from scratch.
- S’mores Pie: S’mores are not only perfect for camping with your family. You can upgrade this campfire staple and turn it into a pie, without losing its main ingredients. Use graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate to make this delectable and chewy, fancy-looking dessert.
- Tiramisu: A truly Italian dessert, tiramisu has become famous in all parts of the world. In part, this may be due to two of its major ingredients: coffee and chocolate. While several versions exist, an authentic tiramisu contains mascarpone cheese- a special cheese made by Italians. These days, though, some makers use cheesecake to mimic the taste.
- Fried Cheesecake: Repurposing is not only for nonbiodegradables. Even perishables like food can be turned into something better and fancier. Take the case of leftover cheesecake which you can fry. Doing this makes your pastry possess a contrasting yet interesting texture of both soft and foamy, as well as crispy.
- Smoothies: If you no longer have room for pastries, or want to stay healthy, consider making weight-loss promoting drinks and shakes. Consider making a vegan smoothie such as one made from dragon fruit. Besides being delicious, this smoothie is packed with antioxidants and other nutrients. Mix dragon fruit or any fruit with almond milk and you’re good to go. Pour your smoothie into some fancy glasses and it instantly gets a beautiful upgrade.
- Ice cream: Instead of grabbing one from your favorite grocery store, make one yourself. Choose whether you prefer the custard-style, which counts sugar, yolks and cream as its main ingredients, or New-York style, which doesn’t use eggs. The good thing about making ice cream is that it’s so easy to make. Ice cream making is also flexible that you can add almost any flavors, so you’re not stuck with plain-old vanilla.
- Meringue: This dessert looks too good you’d feel a bit guilty to eat it. While it looks fancy, it’s doesn’t take a lot to make. Make this your table’s centerpiece by making a crunchy meringue from egg whites. Layer whole fresh strawberries on top and a chocolate syrup.
- Lattice fruit bars: These sweet-tasting bars both look and taste good. That’s because apart from being sourced from fresh fruits in season, it’s also topped with diagonal lines shaped to look like diamonds.
The Sweet Spot
When it comes to making fancy desserts, you don’t need to labor your way in the kitchen. These delectable and visually-appealing, yet easy-to-make desserts will make any celebration, or ordinary weekends more fun and sweeter.