5 Tips For Choosing The Right CBD Oil For Your Health. Recently, CBD-infused products skyrocketed in popularity because of their promising natural, therapeutic, and non-intoxicating approach in delivering its health benefits. CBD oils, which is a CBD-infused product, is one of the most sold-out wellness products today.
What Is CBD Oil?
As mentioned, CBD oil is a CBD-infused product that has recently stolen the spotlight in the health and wellness landscape. This product primarily contains cannabidiol (CBD) extract, which is a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants.
While CBD is closely associated with cannabis and marijuana, CBD isn’t responsible for getting people high. Another cannabinoid compound known as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) should take the blame because of its psychoactive effects.
Health Benefits of CBD Oil
The top reason why many people are interested in trying out CBD oil is its health benefits. Here are some science-backed health benefits that the right CBD oil can offer:
- Provides relief for pain and inflammation
- Calms down stress and anxiety
- Enhances sleep quality
- Possesses neuroprotective properties
- Helps control seizures
- Assists in addiction management and treatment
- Helps manage acne and excessive sebum production
- Improves inflammatory skin conditions, like eczema, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis
Tips For Choosing The Right CBD Oil
With various CBD oil products in the market, it’s challenging to find the perfect CBD oil that suits your health and personal needs, preferences, and budget. If you’re planning to try them out for the first time, make sure to choose a reputable CBD store that has a wide range of products to offer, like Populum.
With these in mind, take note of these tips when choosing the right CBD oil to incorporate into your daily routine:
1. Choose Your Preferred CBD Oil Type
Sadly, CBD oils aren’t made equally. To start your hunt for the best CBD oil, make sure that you know the differences between the three types of CBD-infused products:
- Full-Spectrum CBD: A full-spectrum CBD doesn’t list CBD as its only active ingredient, but it also contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabichromene (CBC), and other cannabinoids, as well as plant compounds like terpenes and flavonoids.
With several active ingredients in this CBD oil, it can give you an enhanced experience, called the ‘entourage effect.’ This is great for people looking for the full benefits of CBD oil despite its potential psychoactive effects.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: Besides the absence of THC, broad-spectrum CBD oils have almost the same ingredients as their full-spectrum counterpart. Broad-spectrum CBD oil is best for individuals looking for the overall health benefits without giving you a high.
- CBD Isolate: Lastly, CBD isolates are the purest form of CBD products without other cannabinoids and plant compounds. Since they don’t have other ingredients, they’re far less inferior than the other two types, but it’s rest assured that they won’t induce psychoactive effects.
2. Assess The Product’s Quality
CBD brands don’t have the same resources, equipment, processes, and design. Thus, consumers should already expect that CBD oil products in the market don’t sport the same quality. In terms of purchasing CBD oils, how can you gauge if the product has good quality?
One excellent tip is to ask the company for the product’s Certificate of Analysis (COA) from a third-party laboratory. The COA includes information regarding the cannabinoids’ varieties and concentrations present in the product, which is why it’s important to read the product’s COA.
Moreover, there are other indicators of CBD oil’s quality, some of which will be elaborated later:
- Doesn’t claim outrageous health benefits
- Contains less than 0.3% THC
- The product is fairly-priced
- The hemp or cannabis plant is grown naturally and organically
- CBD is extracted using the right methods
3. Research The Product’s Manufacturing Process
Every process that CBD has gone through will have significant effects on its end-product. Since the star ingredient of CBD oil, the CBD extract, came from its plant material, the growing conditions of the cannabis plants will be significant to the product’s quality and efficacy.
CBD is usually extracted from these varieties: Cannabis indica, Cannabis sativa, and hemp plant. Here are some pointers to consider when taking a look at cannabis’ growing conditions and extraction:
- Country of Origin: The product must be sourced from a country with imposed legal growing conditions, like the United States, Canada, and the EU. Cannabis plants grown in European countries are known to have the best quality of CBD oil.
- Organic Growing: The product should be certified as organically grown, which means that synthetic fertilizers and pesticides aren’t used in the cannabis growing process.
- Extraction Method Used: The CBD extraction step is one of the most important parts of the production as this is where the quality of CBD can be altered. Some manufacturers use elegant equipment and processes, while some may try to cut corners, resulting in a cheap quality CBD oil.
In terms of the extraction method, opt for CBD that’s extracted using supercritical carbon dioxide (CO2) extraction. If the product or company website doesn’t state their extraction method, take extra caution when purchasing from them.
4. Take A Look At The Price
People serious about their game spend a lot on CBD oils. If the product’s price is too good to be true, then it probably is. A good indicator of CBD oil’s quality, safety, and efficacy is its price. On average, CBD oils are currently priced between USD$0.05 to USD$0.20 per milligram (mg) of CBD present in the product.
You can calculate the price per mg of CBD by dividing the product’s price by the total mg of CBD in the product. If the product you’re eyeing retails for more than USD$0.20 per mg of CBD, you’re probably overpaying.
5. Seek Professional Guidance
Whatever the potential effects and benefits of CBD, take note that they can directly impact your health. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t regulate CBD products yet, including CBD oils, which indicates that they have no proven information about the products’ safety, quality, and efficacy.
Before purchasing any CBD oil, make sure to consult your health professional to identify any side effects and drug interactions that may occur. If you’re giving CBD oil to your pet, your veterinarian should first know about it.
As the world becomes more conscious of their health, more and more individuals are taking the initiative to improve their lifestyles. The first step to starting a healthy lifestyle is to curate a health and wellness regimen that works for you.
If you’re planning to add CBD oil into your routine, take these tips into consideration to find the perfect product that’ll work wonders for your health needs.