In this summer lockdown, you have enough time to do many things yourself which you would have otherwise need to hire a mechanic and wasted money. But by doing things yourself you can save a bundle of money. But for doing home decoration, house maintenance, car repairing, landscaping, or such thing yourself you must have some essential DIY tools. If you have a well stock of such tools then you will be able to do a lot of things yourself in this lockdown and can save some money. Hence, in this article, we have come up with some tips about how and what DIY tools to purchase for this summer.
List of the essential DIY tools for this summer lockdown
When you buy the DIY tools you must give more preference to the cordless tools since it is easy to use and is ideal for household work. Some of the best DIY tools that you will mostly need in this summer lockdown are listed as follows:
- Drill: No matter whether you are doing home repairing or maintenance drilling machines is the one that you will require most frequently. Hence, you should invest in DIY the first thing that you must buy is a good cordless drill. While buying make sure that it comes up with power and multiple speed settings. But another thing that you must keep in mind is that you should go for a compact and lightweight drill.
- Impact wrench: The impact wrench is another most important tool which is designed for delivering high torque output. Apart from that, it has minimum exertion. This DIY tool is mostly used for losing nuts from anything easily and speedily. But whenever you buy it make sure that it is lightweight and should have more than 3.4 lbs.
- Hammer: Nail and hammer are the most essential tools that every household should have. Without a hammer, the nail is of no use and vice-versa and so you must have both in your house. But whenever you buy the hammer make sure that it has a claw in one end. In such a case you can use the hammer to drive the nail on one end and can use the other end for prying the nail out. You will need a hammer for various purposes in your house. Whenever you buy a hammer for household purposes you must consider a 16-ounce hammer. With the hammer, you can do many small repairing works yourself at home without any kind of assistance from experts if you have it at your home.
- Screwdrivers: Every household must have a screwdriver as you will need it for doing any kind of small or big works at your home. For example, you will need it for holding your furniture together or for connecting the cabinet of your doors or for joining the lamps, etc. A screwdriver is required whenever you need to fix anything at your home or when you need to remove the screws from anything. That means you need a screwdriver both for holding as well as putting them back again. Generally, two basic types of screws are now available in the market – one is flat-head screws and the other is with a small cross in the middle. Screwdriver is also available in a variety of sizes and types. You will get a screwdriver set at $10 to $15 in the local market.
- Handsaw: You should not forget to purchase the handsaw whenever you are shopping for DIT tools. It is a very useful tool with which you can cut the wood quickly. Generally, three types of handsaw are available in the market such as – traditional western handsaw, Japanese pull saw, and Pruning saw. The traditional western saw is used to trap from base to tip and you will have a foot blade in it. With a Japanese pull saw you will be able to pull the nail back from the wood and it has a straight blade and the pruning handsaw has a narrow blade that is used for folding up for storage. The handsaw becomes very essential when it comes to repairing jobs or scale building.