The popularity of CBD oil as a treatment for chronic pain in animals has attracted pet owners to try the product. Veterinarians are not totally against CBD oil since CBD is non-psychoactive and considered safe when administered in the prescribed dosage. You can visit different websites and click to view some great CBD oil products for cats and dogs.
Here are some signs that you should try CBD oil for your pet dog or cat.
- Seizure and Epilepsy
Seizures are involuntary electrical disturbances in the brain that cause symptoms like muscle spasms. During a seizure, the muscles of the pet uncontrollably stretch, contract, and relax in a shaking or twitching manner. These manifestations are dangerous and close attention should be paid during an occurrence.
Epilepsy is also a neurological disorder and epileptic seizures can happen in several small clusters at random. They can be unpredictable or frequent.
Before a seizure, the pet will experience the “Aura Stage” of behavior. To look for the symptoms, here are some early warning signs in pets:
- Becoming distant and confused
- Clinginess or seeking attention
Phenobarbital is the common drug prescribed to pets diagnosed with epilepsy. This drug is recommended by veterinarians and WHO to treat epilepsy, but it has adverse side effects. That’s the reason why many pet owners are inclined to use CBD oil which is natural.
The use of CBD in pet seizures has been supported by a study on cannabidiol for anticonvulsant effects and partial seizures. However, the study doesn’t guarantee the treatment of seizures and epileptic disorders in all cases.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseasels in the bowel. The disease is caused by diverse gastrointestinal diseases. It’s a serious disorder among cats and dogs that usually results in malabsorption, diarrhea, severe vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, fever, and depressed mood. The condition
- predictable, and the severity of symptoms varies significantly. Pet owners must seek immediate treatment when they see any of these symptoms.
- is unThe inflammatory bowel disease means an overgrowth of inflammatory celTo find relief and counter the problems, here are the benefits of using CBD oil for dogs and cats:
- Relieves stress
- Alleviates pain and inflammation
- Promotes healthy bowel movements
- Improves appetite
- Arthritis and Joint Pain
Dogs and cats suffer from chronic diseases like arthritis as they grow old. Arthritis is a degenerative joint disease with symptoms like pain, inflammation, stiffness, and impaired mobility. Pet owners should pay attention to the following undesirable behaviors:
- Trouble getting up after lying down
- Difficulty jumping
- Licking or biting their legs
Arthritis in cats is more difficult to spot than in dogs. When cats are in pain, they become less active than before. Some pet owners might think that the decrease in activity is due to old age, but it can be a sign of arthritis.
The most commonly prescribed treatment for a pet’s pain is NSAIDs. However, the use of these drugs can result in adverse effects on the liver and kidney functions.
A study has shown the potential anti-arthritic action of CBD that results in joint protection and improvement in clinical signs. Furthermore, the use of CBD in chronic arthritis has shown no negative side effects or evidence of intolerance.
That’s the reason why some vet and pet owners opt for the natural therapeutic relief provided by CBD oil in arthritis in cats and dogs. You can ask your vet where to find and purchase CBD oils for dogs.
- Stress and Anxiety
Anxiety is common among pets, but it may cause some serious illnesses. Environmental stimuli and changes in personality are the usual causes of anxiety in cats and dogs.
Cats and dogs have different manifestations of stress and anxiety. To spot the signs of anxiety among dogs, here are the warning indicators:
- Dog’s eyelids peel back displaying the white eyes
- Seeing the white of dog’s eye when they look side-to-side
- When alerted to sound, dog’s ears bolt upright
- Curling in dog’s lips
- Change in vocal behavior
- Becoming more active
- Shaking, shivering, excessive drooling
- Muscular tension and yawning
On the other hand, the anxiety signs in cats can include an increase in aggressive behavior, depression, and withdrawal. The cat becomes less social and starts to miss the litter box and pees in undesirable locations around the house.
Anxiety in cats and dogs can be triggered by overstimulation, veterinary visits, loud occasions, rivalry with other pets, and in new environments.
A study on CBD as an anxiolytic drug on animal subjects supports its use in the treatment of stress and anxiety among cats and dogs. CBD oil provides relief in the symptoms associated with anxiety.
The tips above can help pet owners prevent and treat health problems in dogs and cats if action is taken immediately. Though studies have shown the benefits of CBD oil in various health conditions, you must choose the best product and follow the prescription of your vet.