Chris Evans a.k.a. Christopher Robert Evans is an award-winning American actor. Evans is well known for his character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), Captain America. He has been associated with the MCU for over a decade though after the last MCU movie – Avengers: End Game, his contract came to an end. Chris Evans has acted in movies, television series, theatre and has done voice-over for video games. Let’s get to know more about Chris Evans movies, his early and personal life, career, and facts about him that many of us aren’t aware of!
About Chris Evans
Chris Evans age is 38 years. He will turn 39 this year on 13th June. His sun sign is Gemini. Evans resides in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, U.S.A. Chris Evans height is 6 feet and weight is 194 lbs. His eye colour is blue with a tinge of green. His sexual orientation is straight. Evans dated Jenny Slate, the actress back in 2017 for 9 months before breaking up with her. Currently, Evans is single and has no children of his own. He is yet to find his perfect partner and marry the one.
Chris and his Family
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, and brought up in Sudbury. Evans’ father – G. Robert “Bob” Evans III, is a dentist and his mother – Lisa Marie, is an artistic director. His mother’s ancestry is half Italian and half Irish while his father’s half British and half German. His parents divorced back in 1999. He has an older sister – Carly, who is a teacher, a younger brother – Scott Evans, who is an actor and a younger sister – Shanna. All four siblings are raise as Catholics. Raised as a Catholic, Chris has a great interest in the philosophies of Buddhism and expresses hi pantheistic views.
Evans completed his schooling from Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School and later pursued acting at Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York. His qualification is unknown.
Chris Evans Movies and Career Life
Christopher Robert Evans began his acting career as most of us would do by performing in community theatres and school productions. The first-ever credited appearance is in Biodiversity: Wild About Life!, a short educational video in the year 1997. Evans has been a model for the board game, Mystery Date back in 1999. Later on, he got an internship in a casting office where he befriended some of the agents, who later on took him as a client.
His focus shifted from stage to the screen and he started auditioning for television series and feature films. The Fugitive (2000) is the first television series where Evans made an appearance as the son of a small-town sheriff. Chris appeared in two not that well-known low-budget features both in the year 2000, Cherry Falls, and The Newcomers. Not Another Teen Movie in the year 2001 is Evans’ first major feature. The movie is a spoof on teen comedies. After that, he starred in lead roles in The Perfect Score and Cellular. He did two independent movies, Fierce People and London, in Chicago.
It was after all these movies that in 2005, Evans got the role of Human Torch in Fantastic Four, a comic book adaptation. Only to get recast in the sequel of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer in 2007. The year 2007 turned out to be lucky for Evans as he starred in the sci-fi film, Sunshine, which became his all-time favourite movie to be starred in. In 2009, he again appeared in a sci-fi thriller alongside Dakota Fanning and Camilla Belle, Push.
His film, Puncture in Houston that came out in 2010 debuted as one of the spotlight projects at the 2011 Film Tribeca Festival. The same year he appeared in the comic book series adaptation, The Losers from DC Comics. Another comic-book adaptation lined up for Chris in 2010 was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
It is finally in the year 2011 that Chris landed up with the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the role of Steve Roger a.k.a. Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger. That year he starred in another film, What’s Your Number?, a romantic comedy. Eventually signing up multiple movies with MCU and starring again in The Avenger in 2012.
Starring in Snowpiercer, a film in English by South Korean director Bong Joon-ho. Chris starred in The Iceman opposite Michael Shannon. In 2014, he starred in the MCU film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and a romantic comedy, Playing It Cool.
Then in 2015, we see him in Avengers: Age of Ultron. In 2016, in the sequel Captain America: Civil War, in 2018 Avengers: Infinity War and in 2019 in Avengers: End Game. Along with all the movies of the MCU, he starred in Gifted, a family drama in 2017.
In the last two years, Chris has starred in the thriller film, The Red Sea Diving Resort, Superpower Dogs, a documentary and Knives Out, a thriller. In total, Chris Evans movies are a total of 41 movies. Out of the 41 movies Chris is a part of, 11 are MCU movies. Out of the 11, Chris has the credits of 9 movies.
Not only has Chris Evans started in movies and TV shows but he has voiced four video games, starred in the music video of the song “Tainted Love” by Marilyn Manson in 2001. He has also acted in two theatre shows – Our Town in the year 2017 as Mr. Webb and Lobby Hero as Bill in the year 2018 which was his Broadway debut. Not only that, but he also made his directorial debut with the movie, Before We Go.
The Devil All The Time and Greenland are two Chris Evans upcoming movies. The dates of both the movies are yet to be told. Aren’t we all excited for his new upcoming movies? There are some high chances of Chris Evans starring in Bermuda Triangle by Dr. Frisk and Little Shop of Horrors by Orin Scrivello.
Chris Evans Tv Shows
There aren’t many TV shows that Chris Evans has starred in. Here is a list of all the ones in which he has starred.
- Opposite Sex (2000), an eight episodes long TV show.
- The Fugitive (2000), where he made an appearance in the episode, “Guilt”.
- Boston Public (2001), where he made an appearance in the episode, “Chapter Nine”.
- Eastwick (2002), appeared in a pilot. The pilot of the show is probably never going to be out.
- Skin (2003), appeared in the episode, “Pilot”.
- Robot Chicken (2008), appeared in the episode, “Monstourage”.
- American’s Game: The 2014 New England Patriots (2015) where he is a narrator of the documentary.
- American’s Game: 2016 Patriots (2017) as the narrator of the documentary.
- Chain of Commands (2018) as the narrator of the documentary series.
- Defending Jacob (2020) is Chris’s latest TV series and is available on Apple TV+. He is also an executive producer of the show.
We would absolutely love to see him in many more TV series!
Chris Evans movies and his roles in the movies he has starred in, were in nomination for numerous awards. He has won several awards in his acting career to date. The awards he has won are Scream Awards for Best Superhero (2011) for Captain America: The First Avenger, MTV Movie Awards for Best Fight (2013) for The Avengers, People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Action Movie Actor (2015), Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (2016) for Captain America: Civil War, Kids’ Choice Awards for Favorite Butt-Kicker (2017) for Captain America: Civil War and Broadway.com Audience Awards for Favorite Featured Actor (2018) in a Play for Lobby Hero.
Best Works of Chris Evans
Here are some of the best-rated Chris Evans movies on IMDB. The movies listed below have a rating of 7 or above.
Snowpiercer released in 2013. The movie is about the people who survived the earth’s second Ice Age and how they have to live their life on a luxury train. Gifted released in 2017 is an absolute favourite. It’s about a single man raising his niece, a child prodigy. An emotional and family drama.
Sunshine, a 2007 released movie is set in the future. The plot goes like this: the sun is dying and bringing an end to humanity. a team of eight people decides to go to space and save the dying star to save the world.
His best works list will be incomplete without the mention of the MUC Avengers movies that he has worked in. To be honest, all of his Marvel movies are his best but here are the ones that were absolute blockbusters.
Avengers: Age of Ultron where new characters with different abilities appear for the very first time like Ultorn, Wanda, Quicksilver and Vision. Captain America: Winter Soldier, a movie where Rogers fights against his best friend Bucky. Captain America: Civil War, last movie of the Captain America trilogy where superheroes stood up against each other.
The Avengers, where all of them came together to stand against Loki. Avengers: Infinity War, a movie that left everyone on a cliffhanger as to what is going to happen next. That one snap of Thanos has changed the game totally. Finally, Avengers: End Game, one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. This is also the last Chris Evans movie where he appears as Captain America for one last time. He led the pack to defeat Thanos.
Interesting and Unknown facts
Here are some of the interesting and unknown facts about Chris Evans that many of you might not be aware of.
- He never planned on becoming an actor and wanted to be an artist and to work with Disney.
- He got the inspiration to become an actor from the performance of Jack Nicholson in the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- This might come as a shock to you all that Chris rejected the role of Captain America thrice before finally accepting him. Can you imagine anyone else to be Captain America?
- The role of Captain America wasn’t his first superhero role. It was Human Torch in Fantastic Four (2005).
- He has the highest screen time of about 50 mins in Avengers: Age of Ultron, making him the lead of the team.
- Chris is a supporter of same-sex marriage and rights and the LGBTQ+ community.
- A devoted animal rights supporter, he recently adopted a dog, Dodger, from the animal shelter featured in his film, Gifted.
- For Chris, mental health is an important topic. In his free time, he keeps reading self-help books.
- Evans is a supporter of Breast Cancer Care and raises money for charity by betting in Super Bowls.
- Sunshine is the all-time favourite of all the Chris Evans movies that he has starred in.
- Before We Go is his directorial debut where Evans played the lead role.
- Chris Evans has a thing for tattoos and all the tattoos that he has, have a personal meaning to it.
- He has voiced four video games – Fantastic Four (2005) as Human Torch a.k.a. Johnny Storm, Captain America: Super Soldier (2011) as Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America, Discovered (2012) as himself and Lego Marvel’s Avengers (2016) as Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America.
- He made it to the list of the Sexiest People several times.
We have surely seen the superhero side of Chris Evans in the MCU movies. He has also done movies from different genres like rom-com, sci-fi and thriller. We would definitely love to see Chris in many more rom-com, thriller, and other genres of movies. All said, it’s pretty safe to say, Chris Evans movies belong to different genres. Not only that, he is one of the sexiest and versatile actors in the Hollywood film industry. He just didn’t win hearts by his acting and also his directorial skills. Definitely, we will like to see more of Chris Evans Movies and love to see him in more TV shows.