Because of the many people claiming for the health benefits of CBD (cannabidiol) oil, it has become a controversial topic in the healthcare industry across the world. However, not all oils extracted from the cannabis plant are equal. CBD oil and hemp oil, although derived from the same plant, come with significant differences, especially when it comes to their health effects.
So, if you’re a bit confused about CBD and hemp oil, keep reading this article to learn how they’re different from each other.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil: Where Do They Come From?
While there are claims that both hemp oil and CBD oil have health and wellness benefits, it’s still important to know where they come from and how they work inside your body.
For instance, hemp oil refers to the oil extracted from the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant. One can obtain the substance by using the process of cold-pressing. It’s a method of extraction that helps keep the purity and integrity of the seed oil. Moreover, hemp oil doesn’t contain cannabinoids (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is why it doesn’t have any psychoactive effects.
On the other hand, CBD oil refers to a cannabinoid oil derived from the leaves, stem, and flower of the cannabis plant. Unlike the hemp oil, the CBD oil can be extracted by using two methods. First is the removal of the extracts and turning it into an isolate. The second one is the CO2 extraction, whereby pure oil and cannabinoids are extracted from the different parts of the cannabis plant.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil: How You Can Use Them?
Now that you’re already aware of where do hemp vs. CBD come from, the next thing is knowing how you can actually use them. To get started, hemp oil is primarily used as an ingredient in food and skincare products. In short, using it in the kitchen has become a hit because of its underlying nutritional value. Also, many people consider it a superfood, which is why it’s usually found on the shelves of some food shops. Not only that, but hemp oil can also be used as an ingredient in cosmetics products, such as lotion, conditioners, soap, and shampoo.
On the other hand, CBD oil is more prevalent in the health and wellness industry as it has the ability to provide balance to the internal systems of your body. It can be used as an alternative medication for anxiety, epilepsy, and even sleep problems. Because of its significant health benefits, you can have CBD oil in different forms, such as topical, edibles, tinctures, and capsules.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil: How Can They Benefit You?
Generally, both hemp oil and CBD oil can be beneficial to one’s health but in many different ways. If you want to understand how it can benefit your overall well being, below are the things that you should keep in mind:
Benefits Of Hemp Oil
- Treat Skin Disorders – You can use hemp oil for treating the symptoms of a variety of skin disorders. The presence of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in hemp oil can help alleviate some symptoms, such as itching and dryness.
- Provide Adequate Nutrition To Your Body – Aside from essential fatty acids, hemp oil can also provide sufficient nutrition to your body. It can be a rich source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, such as sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and many more.
- Acts As An Antibacterial Agent – A study conducted in 2017 shows that hemp oil can serve as an antibacterial agent that can prevent skin infections, bone problems, and pneumonia.
Benefits Of CBD Oil
- Alleviate Pain And Inflammation – CBD oil can be effective in relieving pain and inflammation. For example, people with multiple sclerosis experience pain relief after taking CBD.
- Reduce Effects Of Insomnia – CBD oil has sleep-enhancing properties that can help you have a good night’s sleep. By using it, you can sleep better and get proper rest.
- Treat Anxiety And Depression – CBD oil can also be an effective medication for people with anxiety and depression. Whether you have a social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, or generalized anxiety disorder, you can use CBD as an alternative treatment.
Indeed, hemp oil and CBD oil are different in so many ways. Despite these differences, both of them promise positive health benefits to a person’s overall health and wellbeing. However, to avoid confusion between the two products, you need to take a look at the packaging to determine whether it’s a CBD oil quality or hemp oil quality.
Above all, we hope you find this informative guide helpful in understanding both cannabis-extracted oils’ sources, uses, and, more importantly, benefits.