Light-emitting screens are considered the biggest enemy of human eyes, but unfortunately, we need to stick to them for work, entertainment and daily tasks. In 2022, no one can imagine their life without screens. So, knowing how to make Mac dark mode becomes imperative.
We obviously can reduce the impact of damage that blue rays cause to our eyes by enabling the dark mode. The mode significantly reduces the effects of light, makes the text clear and easy to read and provides your eyes with a soothing experience, especially if you are using a computer for an extended period.
All modern devices come with a dark mode setting, but most users donít know about it. They continue using their devices the same way and damage their eyes.
Most of you ask about w to make Mac dark mode. So, we are here with answers. The process is pretty simple, you need to toggle a few settings, and you can use dark mode.
Apart from switching your entire Mac to dark mode, this article also contains information about switching individual apps to dark mode and getting the best out of it. Read till the end; you will be able to figure out all the necessary information.
What is dark mode?
In normal mode, you see the white screen containing black fonts; we also call it Light mode. The dark mode is just the opposite of this. The screen goes black, whereas the fonts and other elements become white. It delivers a soothing experience to your eyes and allows you to focus for longer durations.
All modern devices have a setting to turn the entire theme dark with a click. Even apps and websites allow you to toggle to dark mode for better readability and enhanced user experience.
Thatís why most people ask ow to make Mac dark mode. But turning your device into dark mode doesnít automatically turn all your apps or websites to dark. You are still welcomed with a light interface, which isnít very pleasant.
However, you can easily toggle to dark mode, and we have included the settings for popular apps in this article.
Should I use the feature?
Most people donít work in dark mode, which makes them sleepy while working. However, experts believe dark mode can increase productivity and efficiency during long working hours. You can tolerate the screen for a longer duration, and it helps to add more working hours.
Various studies have shown that people with corrected vision or different kinds of eye disorders find the dark mode easy and love to stick with it.
Now that you understand the benefits of dark mode. Letís figure out how to make Mac dark mode. Including all popular apps.
How to make Mac dark mode
The process is pretty straightforward. Please follow the directions below, and you can turn your MacBook dark within a few seconds.
- In macOS, Ventura or the latest versions. Visit system settings, open the sidebar and clicks appearance.
- For earlier versions of macOS, you need to open the Apple menu, tap on system preference and select general.
- You will be welcomed with three options: Light mode, Dark mode and auto.
Selecting Light mode or Dark mode will immediately change the theme but selecting auto mode will change the preferences according to the time of the day. Like it automatically goes dark in the evening.
The process is pretty simple, and anyone looking for how to make Mac dark mode can easily do it. Letís now understand how the option works for individual apps.
How to make Google docs dark mode on Mac
Google docs are one of the most used apps by writers and require you to pay attention for longer. Hence, knowledge about the dark mode is a must. Here is how you can do it.
- Google made it easier for all. Be it any operating system, the settings to switch on the dark mode remain the same.
- You need to open the Google Docs application.
- Select the options menu and tap on settings.
- You will find an option to select a theme.
- Under that, you will find the option to select dart theme or system default.
Google doesnít provide an auto mode, so you need to toggle the setting every time you wish to switch the mode. However, itís very easy and takes a few minutes.
How to make Pinterest dark mode on Mac
Pinterest is the most popular image search engine. Those image looks more attractive when you see them on a dark background. If you havenít tried it yet, we recommend you must. Follow these settings to turn your Pinterest black.
- The dark mode is only available for iOS 13 or newer versions.
- You need to visit the device setting (not Pinterest settings).
- Then find and open the display & brightness option.
- You will find two options to select dark or light mode.
- Tap on dark mode to make your Pinterest go black.
The process is pretty simple, but itís not for everyone. It would be best if you had an iOS 13 or plus version to take advantage of the dark mode.
How to make Wattpad dark mode on Mac
Many people are searching for how to make Mac dark mode. Also, ask for ways to turn Wattpad dark. Itís pretty underrated but considering that Wattpad is most used for reading, itís worth exploring. Here are the steps you must follow to turn on dark mode on Wattpad.
- Open the Wattpad app and then open the setting option.
- Find the Display and brightness and open it.
- Under that, you will find the option to select dark mode.
- Please select it and head back to the app.
This makes your entire Wattpad screen go into dark mode. However, there is no setting to turn it into light mode automatically. You must follow the same process again to turn on the light mode.
How to make Instagram dark mode on Mac
Instagram is widely used via the app, and you might wonder why we need to learn about the Instagram dark mode in this how to make Mac dark mode guide. You will be surprised that many people still rely on their MacBooks to use Instagram daily.
People usually spend a long hour on Instagram. This makes it very important for them to learn about the dark mode and enable a safe browsing experience.
- If you haven’t done so, update your Instagram app to the latest version.
- Then select and open the theme option.
- You will find an option to toggle between Dark and Light modes.
- Select your most preferred mode type and head back to use the app normally.
We would recommend using Instagram in the dark mode only. It mainly includes high-quality images and videos that look great on a black screen; If you havenít tried it yet, you must try it now.
How to make Safari dark mode on Mac
Safari is like google chrome on the MacBook. Itís one of the most used browsers where users spend most of their productive hours. To improve productivity, we recommend you try the dark mode of your MacBook. Here is how you can do it.
- If the website includes a dark mode, Safari will automatically suggest you use their settings to turn on the dark mode.
- If the website doesnít provide the dark mode option, you need to use the Safari reader option.
- To use the option, click the reader button towards the left of the smart search field and select dark mode.
- Apple says that the button will only appear when the web page contains and that the reader can show it.
- Simply press escape to turn off the dark mode.
Itís probably the most useful option because most services are not cloud-based that need a browser to search and explore. It increases the time spent on Safari.
How to make Excel dark mode on Mac
Excel is used to maintain important data that requires you to concentrate on long working hours intensely. Dark mode can help you increase the time spent and make it more productive. Here is how you turn excel dark on Mac.
- You need to select the files option from the topmost menu of excel.
- Then select options and then the office theme.
- You can change the entire Excel theme to Black or Dark grey here.
- Select the most convenient option per your requirements, and you are done.
You can use the light version of Excel, but whenever you feel like itís stressing your eyes. Donít forget to switch to dark mode. Itís simple and very easy to do.
How to make YouTube dark mode on Mac
Do your work require you to use YouTube for longer durations? If yes, you need to explore the websiteís dark version now. Here are the steps to easily do it.
- Open the YouTube website or app on your Mac.
- Tap on your profile image towards the top corner of your screen.
- Under the menu, you will find an option for dark mode.
- Select that and toggle the bar to switch on the dark more.
You need to follow the same settings to turn off the dark mode. It is also one of the most helpful options for people searching how to make Mac dark mode. As YouTube is among the most used apps by many, the dark mode allows users to watch or work on YouTube for a long time.
How to make Outlook dark mode on Mac
Are you an HR, and mailing on Outlook is a part of your daily routine? The dark mode can add more marks towards your productivity. If you havenít explored it, please follow these steps to enable it easily.
- Outlook is smart. If you enable your Macís dark theme, it automatically turns dark.
- However, select the toolbar option if you use the dark theme for Outlook only.
- Under that, select file and then choose office account.
- Then, under the office theme, you will find the option to select black.
Tapping on Black will immediately enable the dark mode on your Mac. You need to follow the same setting to reinitiate the light mode.
How to make Word dark mode on Mac
Last but not least! Like Google docs, Word is also the most used app by writers. People spend tens of hours on this app framing their content and making it look the best. It would help if they enabled the dark more for better productivity. Here are the settings
- The settings differ for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
- You must select the Apple menu on Mac and visit the system setting options.
- Under that, click on appearance in the sidebar. You might have to scroll down to find the option.
- You will find the option to select light, dark and auto options.
Light and Dark options will immediately change the theme, but the auto option allows you to schedule timings that will automatically change the theme according to your selected preferences. Most apps donít provide the Auto option, but itís a commendable step by Ms Word.
I hope you found the answer to how to make Mac dark mode. However, turning the dark mode on the device doesnít guarantee that it will automatically get enabled for all apps inside it. You might use your MacBook in dark mode and immediately get stunned by the light appearance of the apps.
It would not be very pleasant, especially at night.
We recommend that you enable dark mode for each app individually. You must visit the appís settings, look for appearance, and switch to dark mode.
Also, some apps have a feature to turn on the dark mode at specific times automatically. If you primarily work at night, try out the feature to obtain the best productivity.
We hope you understand the simple settings of how to make Mac dark mode and how to make Pinterest dark mode on Mac. Including all popular apps. If you still have doubts regarding our explanations, please leave your questions in the comments. We will try to answer them at the earliest.
Have you ever tried dark mode?