Pasta may be originated from Italy, but no Indian will vote against this lip-smacking recipe. It is a recipe which is loved throughout the country, by people of all age groups. People are always in awe of Pasta and never can anyone have enough of it. Why not, the way it awakens the taste buds is just splendid. Pasta is generally a versatile meal, which can be enjoyed equally at breakfast, lunch or even dinner. A cuisine which was the first restaurant bound has now taken a leap into the households where people have been experimenting with it, making pasta cuisines of different flavors.
The most arousing part of making pasta is the sauce which is used in the process. Tons of sauces exist in the food industry, among which the most famous one is the red sauce. Here, we have gathered the way of making a typical and perfect red sauce pasta. Firstly, let’s go through.
1. How to make pasta sauce
Ingredients required in the process
- 225 gm pasta penne
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 3 pinches salt
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- 2 red chili
- 4 50 gm Roma tomatoes (peeled)
- 1 /2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup of water
The procedure of the cuisine
i. Red sauce
The first step would be the preparation of the sauce and here is how you can cook up the perfect flavored red sauce. This can also be done while you boil the pasta and hence, will cut upon your time of preparing the recipe. You need to start by heating oil in a pan, probably in medium flame and start adding ingredients – minced garlic, chopped red chili, and red chili flakes into it. You need to saute the said ingredients for almost 2 minutes. Meanwhile, you must fetch another pan, probably a deeper one and pour water into it and heat it until it reaches its boiling point. You shall then add oil and salt into the water, followed by penne pasta. You need to cook it till you see the pasta has softened enough, making it perfect for eating. Drain the water once you think the pasta is well cooked and then shift the cooked pasta onto another bowl.
ii. Adding onto the flavor of the sauce
The next step would be to add on the savory items now that we are done with the basics. You now have to come back into the fried ingredients, and add peeled tomatoes to it. It shall be continued with adding up basil and parsley to the already fired ingredient. You need to cook by mixing all the ingredients in order to get the sauce right, and for the same, you need to cook it in simmer for around 10 minutes, this is when you will notice the sauce will start gaining consistency. Once you notice the consistency, you need to turn the stove off and then add required salt, followed with black pepper. You shall not let the sauce cool down, so when the sauce is warm enough, you need to add the boiled pasta onto it and stir till the sauce well adheres to the pasta. Toss it well enough to let the sauce stick up to pasta.
iii. Winding up with a garnish
You can turn the burner on again and cook for a while if you want to. But, make sure you serve the pasta hot and immediately for the flavors are the best when eaten out of the stove. The pro tip is for people who do not like the basic taste of red sauce pasta and wish to add on exciting additional flavor to it. The most exciting would be the cheese lovers, for the tip would serve them the best. If you like to have your pasta with a cheesy flavor, you may garnish it with some grated parmesan cheese. For aroma, add on crushed basil leaves, chili flakes, and oregano. Serving is always better with garlic bread.
2. How to make Indian style masala pasta
We Indian are well known for the desi Jugaad for almost everything. The best thing is always for the food-related kinds of stuff, and we always have an Indian version for literally everything. Same applies to pasta and how can pasta enter our home without us Indian turning it into masala pasta, made with love from the homemakers. Experimenting is always our thing and kudos to the Indian exotic spices which go with literally every food item making it an Indian signature dish. Aren’t we amazing for what we do? Here is adrift from the mainstream red sauce or the basic Italian cuisine, as we introduce you the best Indian style pasta. You can also learn how to make brown rice from our other articles.
Ingredients required in the process
- 2 cups pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon cumin or jeera
- 3 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon salt as needed and ½ tsp for boiling pasta
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder, or any other masala powder of your choice
- ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi or coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 cup tomatoes pureed
- 2 chopped carrots
- ¼ to ½ cup green peas
- ¼ cup capsicum or bell pepper chopped into pieces
- You need to first fetch a larger and rather deep bowl and add 6 cups of water on to it. And you need to heat the water and wait till the moment it reaches its boiling point.
- Now that the water is in the boiling point, you need to add the mentioned amount of salt in the ingredients and then eventually add pasta on to it. This is to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick together in the boiling procedure.
- You can cook the pasta in a medium or high flame and it purely depends upon your presence near the stove. You need to keep stirring if you wish to cook the pasta in high flame so it doesn’t burn by sticking to the bottom of the container. The best is to go for a medium flame. You may also choose to refer to the instruction panel regarding the way of boiling pasta which would be mentioned at the back of the pack. This is the boiling time required by each type of pasta may vary.
- The boiling process would actually take some time and hence, in order to get your work done quickly, you may get your vegetable ready while the pasta is boiling. Hence, rinse and chop the vegetables as mentioned in the ingredient list.
- Now check and wait for your pasta to cook, and when you notice it is well cooked you need to get rid of the water immediately. So, drain the excess leftover water from the container and transfer the cooked pasta into a fresh bowl. Any container would do well and you can also choose to preserve almost 3 to 4 tablespoons of pasta cooked water.
Procedure for making masala pasta
- Fetch a pan now, and put it on flames. You first need to start with the basic ingredient, oil. Hence, pour 1 tablespoon oil into the pan and then water till the oil is hot enough to add other ingredients. The first ingredient which needs to be added is cumin. Wait till it flutters and then you need to add finely chopped garlic to it. You need to sauté and stir for a minute or two till the aroma of garlic can be sensed. Once, you think you are done; you now need to add onions and then stir them well enough till they turn into pink color.
- You are ok with the basics as of now. You need to dive deeper in order to give the recipe the perfect pinch of Indian style. To start with, you need to add chopped veggies and sauté till they are well cooked. You now need to add tomatoes and smash it or add the mentioned puree, followed by salt. You need to cook it till the rawness of the tomatoes is gone. It is now time to add Kasuri methi, red chili powder, and masala powder.
- This is all you need to do for the masala as it is now time to add pasta with 1 tablespoon oil. Toss it well and garnish it with coriander leaves. If you think the pasta is dry, add reserved cooked pasta water and serve it warm.
3. Pasta with a dash of Punjabi tadka
The Indian version is always preferred by all the Indians, but which we mention the specific of Punjabi style pasta, you will have a smoking hot pasta to savor. Punjabi dishes are known for the strong flavors they possess and the dishes originated from there are simply to die for. Being Indian from heart, Punjab has its own signature pasta dish which is simply the one you must give it a try. We are sure you would love the pasta which is from the bold personalities of the state of Punjab, mixed with ingredients which have a special place in the hearts of the Punjabis. Here is how you can get your hands on the Punjabi tadka pasta, which is all set to steal your heart through your taste buds. Go and read about cooking salmon in oven as we have a recipe guide for you.
Ingredients used in the process
Tip: – It is recommended to use the spiral-shaped pasta
- 250g pasta
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup onion garlic pasta
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- ½ cup peas
- Spice to be mixed together
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp peppercorn powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Procedure for making Punjabi style tadka pasta
- You need to first start by fetching a deeper bowl and then add plenty of water onto it. You need to make sure there is enough water which would accommodate your pasta as they grow bigger when cooked. You need to heat the water up to the point it starts boiling. Once it starts boiling, you need to put in ½ tsp oil to it and then probably add the pasta which you wish to use.
- You need to keep the pasta cooking, till the moment it is tender. Make sure it doesn’t get overcooked in order to avoid getting your pasta all crushed. Now that you have reached your desired consistency, you need to change the pasta onto a different vessel and drain all the excess leftover water. Best would be to use a colander to drain the water.
- You now need to fetch out a pan to cook the pasta and so, you need to start with adding on oil. Once the oil is heat you need to put on onion-garlic paste into it. Now need to sauté the pasta in the pan for almost 5 minutes for it to cook well. The brownish color indicated the paste is cooked. So you might want to look out for it.
- You now need to add the peas in the cooked onion paste and then further add the mixed spices you preserved previously which gathering the ingredients.
- It is now time to add tomato puree when the peas are well cooked. With tomato puree, add chili paste onto the pan. A tomato needs to be finely cooked so you need to make sure you sauté the paste till the rawness of the puree is gone and it is well cooked.
- For a tip, you can cook the puree till the time you see oil coming out from the edges.
- You now need to add pasta and then add 2 tbsp of pasta water and then cook for 5 minutes.
- You need to keep mixing it in order to make sure the paste sticks onto the pasta and then serve hot.
Name your favorite pasta and get your taste buds all aroused. For the contrary, we suggest you should try all these variety flavored cuisines, each consecutive days and then name the one you liked best. We assure you wouldn’t be able to derive a conclusion and pick one, as each of the above recipes will do its own kind of justice for your tastebuds.