Are you a user of iPhone 13 and can’t get your head straight about the status bar being non-present? Everyone needs to see the battery percentage. Especially with iPhones, you have to be extra careful considering the times it needs to be charged. This article here will unfold how to show battery percentage on iPhone 13, so read along.
On the older versions of the iPhone, you could toggle on the battery percentage in settings to see the exact battery percentage on your phone. But in the models after iPhone X, that toggle no longer exists.
With the iPhone 13 lineup, many anticipated the good old battery percentage back. With the notch being slightly smaller, it was hoped that Apple would return the battery percentage in the status bar. However, adding to the disappointment, that’s not how the latest product unfolded.
Instead, the notification bar indicates a non-descript and indistinct battery icon. This icon does not show the precise percentage of the battery, causing it a hassle.
However, there are some ways that you can follow to access it easily. Some of them include the battery widget on the home screen or the Today view on the control panel.
Different ways how to show battery percentage on iPhone 13
Has it happened to you that ten minutes ago you checked your battery at 50, and next you find it empty? And the next minute, panicking, you open the settings only to find you still got two hours left. Annoying, isn’t it? It can be a pain to operate an iPhone because of this.
Fret not; follow the article to know how you can easily manage and learn how to show battery percentage on iPhone 13.
iOS Batteries Widget
Using the battery widget on the home screen of your iPhone is the easiest way to enable viewing the exact percentage. You can also do it on another app page.
Here is how you can do it:
- Press and hold on to any space on your iPhone’s screen
- Click on the + icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- Swipe down and click on “Batteries”
- Pick the large or medium Battery status widget
Widget in Today View
iPhone 13 has this widget called “Batteries.” Here the users can see their battery percentage on their Today view or Home screen of their iPhone. Here is how you can activate this setting on your iPhone 13:
- Swipe left to right from your home screen
- Press and hold on to an empty space on your screen and this will open the edit mode
- Click on the + icon in the upper left corner
- The widget menu will appear on your screen
- Scroll down and click on “Batteries” and select “Add widget”
- Click and drag the battery to the Today View or wherever you want it on your screen
- You can click on “Done,” popping on the top right corner of the screen
- The battery widget is ready to show your battery percentage on your home screen
- It can be in large or medium numbers, depending on whatever you had chosen in the “Add widget” section.
This is also one of the easiest and basic methods to learn how to show battery percentage on iPhone 13. You can do this if you don’t want to see it on the widget:
Swipe down from your screen’s right side to see the battery percentage.
Asking Siri to help us is one of the best things about iPhones. Therefore naturally, you can ask Siri to show the actual battery percentage if you want to skip all the above methods.
Knowing the exact battery percentage in one look is a time saver. You can follow any of these methods to enable the battery percentage on your iPhone.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone 13 pro
It is pretty much the same steps in all the iPhone 13 models. You can display the battery percentage in the Control Centre by swiping down the top right corner of your display.
Learn how to show iPhone 13 battery percentage in 3 simple steps
Apart from the above steps, here is a simple 3-step way to enable the battery icon on your iPhone easily.
- Go to the Settings App
- Open the Setting app in your App drawer
- The iPhone 13 sees the return of the iconic Steel Grey tri-spoke icon for the Settings app
- The list of settings appears for your iPhone 13 series device
- Scroll down and click on “Battery”
- The green-colored Battery option is placed towards the bottom of the list
- It means you’ll have to scroll 2-3 times to reach it. Once found, click to open it
- Turn the “Battery Percentage” On
- Here, you’ll find two switches; one is for the battery Percentage, and the other is for Low Power Mode
- Though both will show the battery percentage, you should preferably not opt for Low Power Mode
- The reason is that this mode slows the performance of your device slightly
- Therefore, by tapping the horizontal tab next to the “Battery Percentage,” you can turn on its visibility
- The battery percentage will now appear beside the battery indicator on your notification bar.
You can add the iPhone battery icon on your home screen. The battery percentage will default on the main screen of newer iPhones, but the space must be created. You can create a place for the new iPhone widget on your home screen.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone 12
Back when things were simpler, you could make the battery percentage visible with a toggle switch. But now, with the new iPhone 12, the same thing is a little more complicated. Let’s look at how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 with new settings now.
Below is a simple and non-permanent way of showing the battery percentage.
- Go to the control center by swiping down from the top right corner of the iPhone
- You’ll find the battery icon and your battery percentage next to it
The other ways to show the battery percentage on iPhone 12:
After the launch of the iPhone 13, Apple introduced a few new features. Because of one of the features, you can add widgets to the home screen. Though there are a few options in devices for batteries, the battery percentage will be visible only after you select the right one.
Follow the steps below to select the right widget to see the battery percentage on your iPhone:
- Long press on the home screen till the plus (+) sign appears on the top left corner. The widget’s menu will appear
- Click on the “Batteries” widget and you’ll see three options: the first one is a small widget. This widget will take up four app spaces (2 X 2). The second option is the medium widget. This will take eight app spaces (4 X 2). The third and the most detailed one takes up 16 app spaces (4 X 4)
You can add anyone by just dragging and dropping them in the right place. You can click on “Add widget” to do so.
The only thing to remember is that all the widgets can show the battery life only if no other device is connected. If devices like AirPods or Apple Watch are connected, only the medium and large widgets will display the battery percentage.
This is a common thing, and most people would already know that you can see the battery percentage when you plug in the charger.
If you are charging through MagSafe, the animation for Charging is different for iPhone 12. This animation is unique to the iPhone 12 series. The standard battery icon is still present under it.
A similar notification could be seen as the charging source is removed. The date option is also replaced with the battery percentage on iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini.
A thing to note here is that though you would want to see the battery percentage on your iPhone all the time, using it may have some side effects. It will decrease the battery life. On the contrary, you can use the iOS Low Power Mode to increase the battery life.
You can choose from third-party apps to see the battery percentage in the app. Here are some examples:
Available on the Apple App store, this is one of the best apps you can choose for your purpose. The display is detailed. The usage patterns and the battery percentage are displayed in the widget. You can also customize the widget with themes or colors of your choice.
Battery Life Doctor
This app is also a useful app to download from Apple App Store. It shows the information on your battery usage and tips on saving it for the long run. The app supports devices from iOS11, making it suitable for older devices too.
Usage: System Activity Widgets
This multi-tasking app can be handy in the long run. It has 21 widgets in total for iOS 14 devices. In addition to the battery details, this app shares detailed information on your gadget hardware. You can also customize the app as per your liking.
All these battery widgets are best if you want to display the battery percentages prominently on your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone 12 Pro. You can choose from the three options to suit your home button. The first option is a simple square without any percentage. On the contrary, the other two display the absolute value of the battery percentage.
Though there are a few changes from the previous models of iPhones, the new methods are still pretty easy to follow. As with every innovation, there are few welcoming and some not-so-pleasant things with fans and haters of both. This new feature calls for the same. Let us know in the comments which one you are.