The United States and Canada see an increase in RV camping popularity for every age group each year, whether†owning or renting a recreational vehicle. People have had a great deal more freedom over the last year and a half with societal challenges bringing more people home to work or creating more unemployment, so people are using their time to get outside with nature.† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † The RV lifestyle is appealing since it is cost-effective with no need for hotel stays, with food generally included, and you can choose your locations as you wish. In addition, the “nomadic” lifestyle is quickly becoming a trend for those who might not have the budget for expensive travel but do not want to be cooped up in the house. †Industry reports from the “RV Industry Association” boasted specific RV statistics, trends, analysis, and data to see how the market is progressing given the change in societal norms. Aside from the growth and popularity, there are some tidbits of which people might not be aware. Let us check out some highlights.
RV Rental Statistics
People are enjoying their RV rentals as a way to escape the confines of the household, whether it be from remote working to being in a state of continued lockdown from the pandemic. The need to be outside in nature is strong and widespread among the population, or so the popularity of renting RVs would attest.
Increasing sales and rentals indicate more people are hitting the road in these “hotels on wheels,” with destinations unknown as a way to interact with nature and break away from the same old. Some of the statistics showing the scale relating to increases in popularity are remarkable. Let us take a look.
- Increases: The number of households that have turned to camping as a means of entertainment or escape increased drastically in one year to over one million more than the previous year.
Statistics indicate, since the year 2014, 7 million more households are participating in camping holidays on an annual basis than previously reported. So not only are families trying to get outside with nature, but they are also spending more time together away from connectivity. Go here for tips on renting an RV.
- Millennials: Over half of the millennials feel life circumstances enable them to participate in the camping lifestyle more readily. Things like having kids or more established careers allow more opportunities for going out on the road.
Parents with younger kids are more likely to take their kids camping, so they will be prone to have either a tent or, most often for whole family trips, an RV to fit everyone comfortably and for longer excursions.†
- Outdoors: Nearly 50% of all potential campers indicate the primary reason for their desire to travel in the RV is being in nature or being outside after being indoors for lengthy periods, while nearly 40% find it a budget-friendly way to take trips and 30% enjoy the fact that they have a better opportunity of spending more time with their loved ones in this form of travel.†
Other reasons include breaking away from connections, going where they choose without going a great distance, or traveling by air.
- Kids:† More people recognize a need for kids to spend time in the outdoors away from technology. While it’s great that kids are engaged in learning, there’s no time being spent outside like back in the day, just being kids enjoying regular childhood activities.†
Camping in rural areas allows children to break away from their phones and laptops or tablets and just experience nature, mostly because they have no connection. Plus, they get more time with their families, another thing lacking in this day and age.
- Exercise: Not only for the children but also for adults, there is more opportunity for exercise when you go in the RV. As a rule, camping means hiking, fishing, canoeing, and activity with the body that more people lack in sedentary lifestyles.†
On most vacations, you tend to get in more activity, but there is nothing but nature, trails, water, and places to be explored when traveling in an RV. Most kids like the idea of having new adventures, so this is the perfect trip to get the kids interested in nature again.
- Teens:† Teens polled find that camping is a relaxant for the adults, but they enjoy spending time with family and friends, finding it essential to have time outside in nature. Most cannot wait to go, with many looking forward to the day they can take their own children on an excursion, and all of them planning to do so as an adult.
The age group recognizes it leading to a much healthier way of life because they can get out and exercise with the family, do activities, play games, and have a good time away from the electronics, which none genuinely seem to mind.
It is not a wonder that RV travel is experiencing growth as a favorite type of travel experience. Spending time on the road with family or friends with whom you might have been separated for far too long over the last year or so seems like an exceptionally wonderful time. Find out tips on how to rent an RV at https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-to-rent-an-rv-tips/.
The option is much more affordable than most other travel opportunities, providing lodging, meals, plus travel all in one inclusive package. Plus, you have your choice of going a distance if you would like or staying closer to home, really any place you choose to explore new territory.
The biggest benefit with RV life is the ability to physically engage in the holiday, whether hiking the territory, maybe going on the water in a boat or canoe or swimming, wallowing in a fire with good old campfire foods, all the comforts of any kind of intimate family affair. The best part is that the kids and teens are disconnected from all electronics yet still enjoying the best time. All it takes is getting them on the road in an RV and nature. Who would have thought?