Parties can’t be completed without good food and drinks, this is human psyche good food always elevate their mood, but there should be some beverage that can add flavor to food, when it comes to drinking, our first choice is champagne, the particular smell, taste, flavor of champagne added to their grace. Have a look at the experience of buying Champagne wines on the Millésima website here.
Your favorite dishes cannot be completed without frothy, champagne. You can say it’s not only a simple drink it is a beautiful blend and mixture of pleasant aroma and taste.
Production of champagne:
- Champagne was first produced in France, at the beginning it was used in royal parties and grand bouquets, their correspondences to the royal culture added to their prominence, so these were also used as a symbol of royalty.
- Then they also gain attention and popularity in Paris, then due to emerging attention to champagne, lead to competition among burgundy and champagne.
- The sparkling champagne was produced accidentally, as we know that fermentation takes place in warm weather, back in history, temperature drop to the extent that fermentation stops, or incompletely took place, and when temperature raises fermentation happened in the corked bottle, containing sugar before sealing bottles, carbon dioxide production cause champagne frothy, at initial the English merchant considers it malfunction and tried to remove bubbles, but later they discover that it is more savory.
- Most of the wine is produced in champagne, because of its cool weather, grapes cant ripe fully, so are more acidic, not suitable for wines, but most cheering for producing champagne through fermentation, different areas are famous for different variety of grapes which use in the production of different wines, and grapes vary from highly acidic to slightly acidic. Moreover, the soil of these areas is rich in minerals, so the grapes are grown there absorb these minerals and water.
- Champagne was classified according to the vineyard in which they grow, for the setting price according to a variety of grapes, Comite Interprofessional du Vin de Champagne (CIVC) set the trade name champagne, they restrict the use of trade name champagne for any wine produce outside the champagne region.
Varieties and color:
- Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, are three varieties of champagne, they may be used alone, or mixed or blend in different proportions, the uniform blend brings out something pleasant and unique in both taste and appearance, Pinot Meunier is more acidic and lively with brighter shine, Chardonnay is elegant and finer with a creamy texture, and is more palatable, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Arbane, Petit Leslie, are other varieties but are used in small quantity.
- There are different shades of champagne Blanc de Blancs is white wine, Blanc de Noirs is a red wine made without maceration and just Blanc is a mixture of white and red wine. Rosé Champagne is pink in color, which may be produced by mixing both white and red wines.
- The method of production of wines is different from simple blending and mixing, different varieties and vintages are blended for producing a new variety of champagne, some may be called non-vintage, it may be mixed or blend with new vintages and past vintages,
- Due to the change of climate, this method was to conciliate the vintage with champagne, they also release vintage champagne as a brand produced from grapes cultivated from that area.
- No celebration is completed without the loud sound of pop on removing the cork, this is due to the second fermentation that takes place in closed bottles due to the addition of sugar and yeast that produce carbon dioxide which added that particular taste and feeling which is a specialty of champagne.
- The amount of sugar added is the actual dose, mostly wines are sweet, Perrier-Jouet Champagne House created “Brut”. Then Laurent-Perrier emerges with the Zero Dosage style, without any sugar. Now Champagne can be classified into the following categories based on the degree of sweetness, or the dose of sugar, it can be Zero Dosage with less than 3 grams of sugar, Extra-Brut which may contain up to 6 grams, Brut with up to 12 grams of sugar. Extra-Dry may contain 17 grams of sugar, Sec contains up to 32 grams of sugar, Demi-Sec contains up to 50 grams of sugar and Doux contain above 50 grams of sugar.
Choice of champing is all yours, you can pick one according to t your preference and taste, everyone at the party cheers upon the sound of pop, by opening bottle of champing, there is the wave of joy on everyone’s face, it adds to the taste of food.
- You can serve champagne in the tulip glass which adds to its beauty and delight, the grace of champagne is enhanced when presented beautifully, you may chill it to 45 degrees, it will enhance its taste, or if it is warmer it may lose the bubble, and less frothy.
- You can say champagne adds life to the celebration.