There are some films that you may never have seen but you will know the character?s name or some of the storyline
simply because these films are iconic, and there are probably some cars from films that you would instantly recognise too.
When it comes to films, cars play a huge part. Whether it?s the getaway vehicle, a mode of transportation to a different time or part of illegal street racing, famous cars from films have their own memorable status about them.
Movie cars are typically stylish and fast, which is why LeaseCar UK have created a video that looks to see which of these famous cars would win The Great Movie Car Race in a bid to be the first car to reach 60mph. Taking 10 of the most well-known cars from film and pitting them against each other, only one can come out on top!
What iconic movie cars make up The Great Movie Car Race?
- Aston Martin DB5 ? James Bond: Goldfinger
- DMC DeLorean ? Back to the Future
- 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 ? Fast and Furious
- Tumbler ? Batman: The Dark Knight
- MK1 Austin Mini Cooper S ? The Italian Job
- 1963 VW Beetle ? Herbie
- 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder ? Ferris Bueller?s Day Off
- 1966 Thunderbird ? Thelma and Louise
- 1976 Ford Gran Turino ? Starsky and Hutch
- 1971 Mustang ? Gone in 60 Seconds
There are some pretty big contenders in the race, but who are you expecting to win? Check out the race in the video below:
Not surprisingly the 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 from Fast and Furiouscame out on top in just 4.6 seconds! Sadly for the 1963 VW Beetle from Herbieit trailed behind every other car coming last at a shocking 23 seconds.
We?d love to hear your thoughts about the #MovieCarRace. Do you think the Nissan Skyline was a worthy winner? Who did you think would triumph? Are there any other famous movie cars that you would have included in the race? Let us know in the comments below. (howefarmstn)