Since you don’t see it every day, you may not even give the lack of insulation in your home a second thought. It really is important to have proper insulation for so many different reasons. However, many homeowners neglect to consider this fact before they buy their home. As a result, many years can go by with a poorly insulated home that can result in adverse conditions when it is all said and done. You will want to consider the different types of insulation available on the market today and then set out to get it properly installed in your home as soon as possible.
Different Types of Insulation
There are actually quite a few different types of insulation available on the market today. Some will only be applicable to certain structures, while others will depend on the region of the country that you are in. The key is to understand the differences between each type and choose the right one accordingly.
- Blanket Insulation – This is perhaps the most common type of insulation. You can install this type of insulation yourself or have a professional take care of it for you. You will fit it between the studs, beams, and joists of your home.
- Concrete Block – This is meant for insulating the concrete blocks that form the structure of your home. It requires special skills to be able to install it correctly.
- Foam Insulation – This type of insulation gives you a lot of value for something that is not very thick. You will want to make sure it is weatherproofed after it is installed.
- Loose-Fill Insulation – This is actually blown into the right places using a special piece of equipment. This is a great way to add insulation to certain areas of the home.
- Spray Foam – This is a great way to add insulation to areas of the home that have already been completed. It is also effective for those hard to reach areas.
Choosing the Best Type of Insulation For Your Home
With so many different types of insulation to choose from, you might wonder how to choose the right one. Much of it has to do with how your home is built. You also need to take into consideration any existing insulation and what you need to do to better insulate all areas of the structure better. It is best to call out an experienced professional to determine what should be done. Roll insulation is a popular choice because of the ease of installation. You can cover large spaces with this insulation and begin to reap the benefits almost immediately. Talk with an installer to learn if this is a good option for you or not.
The Benefits of Installing Insulation in Your Home
If you are wondering why you should invest in insulation for your residential home, here are seven good benefits that you will realize.
- Save the Environment – Having proper insulation is a way to be environmentally friendly. You will reduce your carbon footprint as a result.
- Reduce Expenses – A properly insulated home is more energy-efficient because heat loss will be minimized. You can realize up to 25 percent savings on your energy bill.
- A More Comfortable Home – One of the major benefits of insulation is that you will end up with a warmer and more comfortable home in the end.
- Increase Your Home Value – People want insulated homes. When you insulate your home, the value will increase accordingly.
- Added Health Benefits – An insulated home is a healthy home. Mold will be eliminated. That is just one of the reasons you will enjoy the home even more.
- Upgrade the Insulation – Older homes should receive an upgrade to the insulation in order to reap the benefits.
- Get Your Money Back – You will save more money than you spend on insulation within about three years.
Now that you know about the many benefits of installing insulation in your home, it is time to take action. You will want to contact a professional installer in your area and go over the options right away. It is important to safeguard the major investment that you have made in your home, and insulation is one way to do exactly that.