Are you thinking about promoting your project online? Well, there are several social media platforms but Reddit can be one of the best websites. So, what is Reddit? This website is getting popular for sharing content, interaction, and more.
Reddit is a website where people can do various activities such as sharing links, rating web content, and starting a discussion. There are various marketing companies like https://reddit-marketing.pro/ is using this platform.
If you are ready to promote your project as well, you need to know about some useful tips. In the following, we are sharing some best tips, do’s and don’ts, and more. Let’s get started.
1. Keep Relevant Content
As you can see, keeping relevant content is one of the crucial factors, especially when you are trying to promote your business on Reddit. Relevant posts not only drive targeted traffic but also increase engagement.
This is why you have to spend some time understanding what your audience wants. Once you understand it, you can create high-quality content.
2. Age Your Account
Most people make a common mistake on Reddit by not aging the account. You should not start posting just after creating the account, especially with zero karma. Your account can be banned.
The best way to establish your account is by commenting on others’ posts. You will get some comment karma as well. Also, make sure you are posting content at least after two weeks of creating the account.
3. Keep History Clean
Another crucial thing you need to follow is keeping your history clean. If you are trying to get attention from top Redditors, you need to clear past promotional posts. According to some experts, it’s better to keep only one promotional post in your history. On the other hand, you should delete those promotional posts that didn’t get more than 10 upvotes within 48 hours of publishing.
4. Don’t Spam
Spamming is not a good thing, no matter which platform you are using for promotion. You need to produce engaging and relevant content once. But when you are posting the same content multiple times, users can get annoyed.
Hence, your account could be banned. Plus, Redditors will start reporting about it. So, try to post promotional content once every two or three weeks.
5. Comment and Reply
One of the best activities to promote your project is getting engaged in Reddit discussions. Well, this means you need to comment on various posts on your SubReddit. Make sure you are posting relevant comments as well.
Besides this, you have to reply to each comment in your post. You need to be humble and helpful. Try not to insult any Redditors while commenting. Your account can be banned because of it.
6. Share Your Posts
When you are starting, you won’t get a lot of engagements. So, sharing your Reddit posts on other social media platforms can be beneficial. You can share your post with your friends on Twitter and Facebook who also have Reddit.
Don’t forget to ask them to upvote your post as it will grow your account. When your posts have enough engagement, other Reddit users will show interest as well.
Do’s on Reddit
- Try to get more involved in discussions. Always responds to reasonable replies and comments in a humble way.
- Make sure you are posting relevant content. It will increase the engagement of your profile.
- Before you post content, be sure it does not have any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
- Try to find relevant SubReddit. It will match your posts with a particular community. You need to post relevant content there.
- Find some best SubReddit, cause you can’t post a link multiple times. So, it would be better if you are getting targeted submission or a special SubReddit.
Don’ts in Reddit
- While you are involved in a discussion, try to be humble. Don’t insult anyone on their post or comment.
- Try not to use ‘caps’ for title or heading. It can be annoying for most users.
- Delete old posts that have a lower score and minimum engagement.
- If you are not getting enough engagement, observe top posts from your SubReddit.
- Don’t post something with zero karma. After creating your account, try to comment on discussions and gain some comment karma first.
- You can use some analytics tools as well.
- You will see frequent updates on this platform. So, make sure you are using your time wisely.
- Ask your friends to upvote your posts right after publishing.
Reddit could be the best platform for promoting your project. However, you need to choose the right ways. If you are a beginner, make sure you are following the above-mentioned tips. You also need to be patient while growing your account. For more information, you can start your research before joining.