Getting your favorite picture permanently deleted is probably the worst thing to experience. With the new wave of Tik Tok and Instagram, we are constantly clicking moments and creating documents to capture our memories. If you mistakenly remove any of your important files, here is a guide on how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone.
If you have taken a backup, you can directly restore the picture without much hassle, but if you are not connected to the Internet, it can be a hassle to retrieve the lost images. The process can be tricky, but itís possible.
If you are searching for how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone, we have explained six ways to recover all those images in this article. Just follow the steps mentioned in the correct order, and you will be able to get your images back.
We have also mentioned how to back up your picture securely, so you never lose them again. Read till to get detailed information about how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone and effective ways to back them up and never lose them again.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on iPhone
It would help if you had your phone and an active internet connection to recover the images. Some methods require you to connect with external software, mac or windows, but mostly, your phone got every tool to help you collect the lost images back.
However, ensure your iPhone is correctly connected to the Internet because you might have to browse iCloud or Google photos sometimes. Letís quickly start with the six practical ways to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone.
1. Using the photos apps
Itís the easiest way to recover lost images because it automatically gets saved into the photos app whenever you click a picture. With a single click, you can recover the images.
However, if you werenít connected to the Internet the whole time you clicked the picture and deleted it, you wonít find it there in the photos app. Use the other methods we mentioned in this article for such cases.
Follow the steps mentioned below to retrieve pictures using the photos app:
- Visit the menu option from the iPhone home and open the photos app
- The app automatically creates a few albums like people, places, photos, etc.
- You need to scroll to find the ďrecently deletedĒ album
- There you will find the images you just deleted.
- Usually the images stay in this folder for 40 days before being entirely swept from the servers
- A single tap on the image you wish to retrieve and your phone will provide you the option to ďrecoverĒ
- Select that option, and the image will immediately be downloaded to your phone. You can find it in the gallery.
Suppose you are looking for the most straightforward option to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone. In that case, itís the best one to go with because images automatically get saved to the server. With a single click, you can get them back.
2. How to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone with backup
You will need to connect the iPhone to your PC for this option. With that, make sure you use the most recent backup to restore because you wonít find the recently deleted images in older backups.
Also, please donít delete the older backups, as having multiple data backups is always good. You might have saved a vital image you donít remember, but when the time comes, you will regret deleting the backup.
Use the steps mentioned below to recover images using backup:
- Launch your web browser on pc and search for finder iPhone.
- Connect your phone with the online software of the finder.
- You need to open the side drawer and find the iPhone option.
- Select the option and click the restore option in the general tab.
- The finder will back up your iPhone before restoring it.
- Wait until the process completes and click on restore to confirm.
Within a few minutes, all your pictures will be restored. Itís a practical option if you want to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone, but you will need a pc or a laptop to complete the process. The finder wonít work correctly on a mobile browser; it is better to switch to a PC.
3. Recover pictures using iTunes
Yes, iTunes can do much more than music; it will surely help you recover lost images. But for this process, you must have macOS Mojave or earlier, and again need to connect yourself to a PC. Most people are afraid of recovering data using iTunes backup, but pretty easy, and using the guidelines mentioned below, you can easily understand how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone.
- Open iTunes and use an original Apple cable to connect your iPhone to your PC.
- It would help if you found the restore backup option in your iTunes dashboard.
- Click it and search for the most recent file to backup
- Confirm, and your recently deleted image will be restored.
The process takes a little time, and you must patiently wait until it completes. Donít hurry or disconnect while the process is in operation. You might end up corrupting the whole backup file and would never be able to restore it.
4. How to recover permanently deleted photos from iCloud
Many people ask about the process of recovering deleted pictures from iCloud because we are already familiar with this software, and itís the best place to find the recent backup. If your iPhone is connected to the Internet, it automatically uploads all selected data on iCloud. Especially pictures! Follow the process mentioned below to learn how to restore photos from iCloud.
- Go to iCloud.com and log in to your Apple account using the apple id and password.
- After logging in, search for the photo album. It will be right there on the home screen itself.
- Under the photos album, look for the ďrecently deletedĒ album. You will find a list of images waiting to be erased after 40 days. But you can save them.
- Select the picture you want back and click the recover option. The photo will appear back in the photo album.
- Now, you can download the image from the album or sync your iPhone with iCloud service, which will automatically be restored in your iPhoneís gallery.
Itís the safest and easy way to recover the images because all iPhone users have free access to iCloud, and you can log in using the apple id and password.
5. Get the deleted images back using the image recovery software
When nothing works, turn on the most effective not iPhone option to recover images. Various data and image recovery software allow you to recover pictures without a backup.
The deleted files remain in your phoneís system until they are overwritten. Many factors depend on how long your pictures will remain safe, and there is no specific time for overwriting; completing this process is recommended as soon as possible.
First, look if any of the abovementioned options work. If not, immediately follow the steps to learn how to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone with image recovery software. EaseUS MobiSaver is a trusted one to go with.
- You will find the iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud backup options on the dashboard. Select the recovery from the iOS device to continue.
- The software will automatically detect the presence and delete pictures for you. However, it takes some time for the process to complete. So, please wait until itís completed.
- Once itís done, select the photos option from the side drawer, and you will find the recent and deleted images.
- Please select the one you wish to recover and save it to your pc.
The software will also allow you to save your picture as an iCloud backup, but if you need a few images, then itís good to save them on your pc immediately.
The software is simple to use and covers all the latest versions on iPhone. So, there wonít be an issue.
6. Look for the images in messaging apps
Even if the image recovery software loses the battle, the last option is to look for images in those apps which you regularly use to share pictures with your friends and family. Like WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, Discord, etc.
You might have immediately shared the lost image with your friend, and you donít remember. Itís not a sureshot, but you can get the image back if you are lucky. There is nothing tricky about this option, and most of you are already aware of using it. Still, check the below-mentioned process to do it correctly.
- Open the messaging app you frequently use to share pictures.
- Look for recent chats and check if you have sent the image to any of your contacts.
- If yes, the image will be blurred, but there will be an option to download it back.
- Use that option to restore; the image will automatically be saved in your iPhoneís gallery.
Sometimes it might not get saved, but you can always ask the receiver to send the image back to you. If you are lucky, you will get the image back.
Some of the other options we mentioned will work, and you can get your permanently deleted image back, but if nothing works, thatís a lesson for you to take care of the next time. We have mentioned the ways to have a backup of your images safely, so you never lose them again.
Use these methods to avoid photo loss on your iPhone
Getting your images back is a hassle; however, you can save yourself from this problem if you prepare for it in advance.
Please follow the backup techniques mentioned below, so you donít have to search for how to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone again.
1. Keep your phone protected
Does your small kid have access to your iPhone? Then there is no wonder he will wipe out all those images, and you need to look for options to restore them. Thatís why you must keep your phone protected using the biometric, password, or pic option. Face id can be tricked, so itís not the best option.
It also prevents image theft and doesnít allow anyone to steal essential data from your iPhone.
2. Use a cloud service
Make sure you use a cloud service to store your data online. iCloud is free for iPhone users and is the best way to store data online safely. However, you can always use other services for the same task.
These apps automatically save your images in cloud servers; even if you permanently delete the images from your phone, you will easily be able to find in on the cloud.
Itís a hassle-free service and the most convenient option that allows you to restore your pictures and data with one click. You can log into your account using a PC, Laptop, Phone, or Tablet. The device doesnít matter; you must enter your id password to get access.
3. Google photos and similar apps
There are apps on the Internet that solely focus on backing up your images on a cloud. Also, these apps sort your pictures into multiple albums from where you can easily find the image you were looking for. Google photos are the best example of such an app, but you can always use the other ones.
These apps work as cloud servers, so you donít have to upload a picture every time. It automatically detects and uploads from your mobile phone or connected services.
Losing your best images is a nightmare, but sometimes it happens for real. But now you know all the tools to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone, and we hope you can complete the process quickly.
Also, we found many people asking how to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhone 11. So, there is no specific process for iPhone 11, and the process we mentioned above works on all the latest variants of the iPhone.
Itís good to have a setup to back up your images on a cloud server automatically so you never lose them. You can choose the one we recommended or try one of your choices but make sure you use it. Not only do they help in retrieving, but they also provide ease in switching devices.
Do you have any confusion or questions? Please post them in the comments so we can provide you with the best solution.