Flooring is essential in every household, both structurally and aesthetically. Are you looking to change the flooring of your home to something more durable? Are you wondering if LVT flooring is a great alternative? You have come to the right place. All your questions will be answered in the paragraphs below.?
What is Flooring??
Flooring is referred to as the permanent covering of a floor. It is also called the act of installing a floor covering. One of the functions of flooring is to provide structural support to the contents of the room. It also spreads around the weight of the floor. Another function of flooring is to reduce heat, moisture, and also sound. Good flooring provides beautiful aesthetics to a furnished house.?
Vinyl Floorings? What are They?
Vinyl floorings are made up of different materials combined together to create a durable and affordable floor covering. LVT flooring has become very popular lately due to its affordability and versatility. Vinyl is able to pull off very good imitations of wood, stone, and other types of finishes. There are three major forms of vinyl flooring:
- Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring: This is also known as LVT flooring. These floorings are much thicker than their counterparts. The additional material required for the thickness gives it more realism, especially when it mimics stones and wooden flooring.?
- Vinyl Plank: These types of flooring are made to resemble hardwood floor designs. The major selling point of this flooring is it is water-resistant and easy to maintain. This makes it a more durable option than wood.?
- Vinyl Roll: This is very much different from the tiles. It can be used by rolling it once to cover the whole area. It is used in large spaces in the house. It is also very affordable. They are made of fiberglass and also have cushioned backs for the flooring.?
Why Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring is the New Trend?
Now that we’ve understood vinyl flooring, let’s now delve into why LVT floorings are the new trend.?
Many LVT floorings are waterproof. This makes them suitable for parts of the house that deal with a lot of water. Some examples are kitchens and bathrooms. This feature makes them a hygienic flooring choice which can be easily cleaned and maintained.?
Luxury vinyl tiles are more robust than wood. They are also highly durable against varying conditions. Some LVT flooring even includes a built-in stain and scratch guard. They have an inbuilt resistance to mold and mildew. This durable feature makes them useful in any area of the home.?
LVT floors are very easy to clean. It requires very low maintenance. Due to its protective wear layer, there is no longer a need for it to be polished or waxed. A damp rag or mop is enough to make it look sparkling. One good tip is to avoid using heavy chemicals such as ammonia to clean.?
Compared to the prices of other floorings in the market, LVT vinyl floors look like a steal. One of its main selling points is its ability to mimic other flooring styles like wood and stone for less than half the price. Due to its low maintenance, the overall cost of using this flooring is very low compared to other floorings.?
Things to Consider When Purchasing LVT Vinyl Floors
Now that we’ve established why LVT is trending on the market, we can now look at the steps to purchasing LVT floors as well as other types of floorings.?
- Installation. One thing you have to think about when choosing a floor is how much you are willing to go through to install it. LVT floors are much easier to install than stone floorings which take up a lot of time to get right. Also, a vinyl sheet won’t need as much work as a granite slab.?
- Cost. Depending on how much is in your budget, your choices are limited. LVT floors provide the best value for your money. Some may prefer other floorings, such as wood and stones, but they are more expensive. Also, if you plan to do the installation yourself, you could save some money to buy something more expensive. (nikonlenswear.com) ?
- Resistance to Stain. Some floorings require polishing and waxing after some time. An example is wood flooring. LVT floors, on the other hand, require very little to maintain their look. Due to their protective wear layer, they can resist stains and spills.?
Other? Flooring Types
The vinyl flooring is versatile and can imitate wood and stone flooring. So you can get both looks without the disadvantages. However, let’s have a quick look into wood and granite flooring
This consists of plywood and a layer of solid wood at the top. One of the advantages of wood flooring is that it makes the house look timeless. This means the house and flooring will always look in vogue. However, wood flooring is very expensive. This means whoever buys it must be able to maintain it. A disadvantage of wood flooring is that it does not do well with moisture.?
This is made from natural stones that are extremely durable. Since it is a natural stone, it lasts for a long time and also increases the value of your home. The floorings come in 3 various forms:
- Granite Tiles: They come in a wide range of colors and thicknesses. The strength of the tile depends on its thickness. Granite tiles can be used on both interior and exterior floors.
- Granite Pavers: They are used specifically for outdoor environments. They also come in fewer colors than tiles.?
- Granite Slab Flooring:It is very unpopular because it is very difficult to install. This is a large piece of granite that can be used as the flooring in your house and the exterior surroundings.?
Floorings are an essential part of any house interior. Making the right choice can be very hard. The paragraphs above explain why many people are picking LVT floors. They are not just aesthetically pleasing, but they are also easy and affordable to install. Also, they are easy to clean and maintain, and you don’t have to worry about your LVT floor getting permanent stains. You are now armed with the information required to buy flooring you can be proud of.