If there’s one place in the world where you can feel safe, it is your home. And everyone deserves to stay safe in their home. Unfortunately, crimes such as robberies, theft, and burglaries have increased today. And property crime in the US is more common than violent crimes. This is the major reason that the importance of the home security industry has increased, and the market size is expected to reach USD 97.8 billion by 2030.
A home security system can help people live safely and minimize the chances of crimes. This is the reason that homeowners are becoming more aware of the need for home security solutions.
So, if you are looking forward to purchasing a home security system, you might have noticed many companies offering DIY and professional installation. Today, several home security companies allow users to either choose the DIY kit or call a professional for the installation. Both approaches have pros and you need to be aware of them so you can take a better decision. So, whether you choose to DIY or professional installation depends on your budget and preferences.
Table of Contents
A Brief Overview: Understanding the Installation
When it comes to installing a smart home security solution, there are two major options: DIY installation and professional installation.
DIY installation involves setting up the system by yourself after reading the guides or viewing how-to-watch videos. This option is less expensive than professional installation and allows you to have great control over the installation process. It can be an excellent option, but one needs to be careful because DIY systems are prone to issues and can cause inconvenience as well.
On the other hand, professional installation involves hiring a licensed professional to install the system for you. This option is expensive, but you will be at peace because trained professionals will set up the system correctly.
Professionally Installed Security Systems
A professionally installed home security system is a traditional security fixture that technicians install. The professionals are skilled at their job and have years of experience. They can even guide you and determine your home security needs and do accurate installations. In addition, they also show you how to use the equipment and how they will work. So, if you want a highly regimented system, then you should choose professional installation.
Benefits of Professional System
- You will be at peace when you choose professional installation because the system will be installed correctly.
- The professionals keep up with the trends, stay ahead of the curve, and help you secure your house correctly.
- Professionals integrate your system with other smart devices for convenience and ease of use.
- They also train you on how to operate your system, so there is no chance you will not understand how to operate your security system.
- Professional set-up packages often come with an all-inclusive package that includes equipment, installation, and monitoring for a single monthly payment.
- No matter how complex your house circuit system is, the professional will seamlessly install the security system and ensure it works properly.
Choose Professional Installation if You
- Have the budget
- Have a hectic routine
- Need a complete home security system
DIY Security Solutions
When you choose a DIY solution, you take the project into your hands and decide the products and packages you want to install. Most security companies offer guides and videos that you can watch and install the security system on your own. The system is generally wireless, so installing it is not a challenge, but you need to be diligent and install the devices in the correct locations.
Benefits of DIY System
- DIY installation is a cost-effective option for those looking to save money. Since you do not have to pay for the installation services, you can save hundreds of dollars.
- You can install the system at your convenience, and this is convenient for those with busy schedules.
- DIY system allows you to build your kit without choosing any package.
- You do not have to pay for the monthly monitoring subscription fees and monitor your home on your own. So this way, you are not bound by any lengthy contract.
- You can easily purchase equipment as per your budget and needs and upgrade your home security one at a time. For example, you can get an outdoor camera and later choose the window and door sensors.
- With a DIY solution, you can maintain your privacy as you do not have to let a technician enter your house.
Choose DIY if You
- Do not have the budget or neither want to pay for the installation fee
- Can easily manage your schedule
- Want to add one home security device at a time.
If you are looking for a security provider offering professional and DIY installation, we suggest you choose ADT. It offers excellent packages and even gives the option of customizing the packages as per your security needs. You can reach out to their customer team for more information regarding ADT packages. The security provider has everything to make your home a safe place to live in. So, subscribe to its service by dialing the ADT customer service number, as the team is available 24/7 to answer all your queries right away.
Should You Choose a DIY Home Security System or Call Professionals?
In some cases, you can tackle the process on your own and save money by choosing DIY security solutions. And in some cases, it is best to hire professionals because they can quickly know about the problems and quickly fix them. We have listed the pros of both because it is better to have in-depth knowledge about both options to make a formal decision. In the end, the decision is yours, but we hope you are going to choose the best solution to make your house a safe haven.
If you do not have a security system, you can face danger anywhere and anytime. Therefore, you must invest in home security solutions by either opting for DIY or professional installation. This article has listed the benefits of both methods. Ultimately, the only person who can decide which is best is you.