If you are searching for steak fries near me, and you don’t get any, remember you can always make it on an air fryer! When you use steak fries in the air fryer, you will get a crisp exterior while maintaining a fibrous interior texture.
The time it takes to create them is far less than when it takes to bake them in the oven or deep fry them. You can use either a standard air fryer or an Instant Pot.
Need a simple and speedy side dish that will win everyone over? Place some frozen steak fries in the air fryer if planning a party. In no more than 15 minutes, you will have wonderful fries that are crisp, golden, and full of flavor.
Have trouble deciding whether you want fries or want a nice way to get sauce into your mouth? How about both? If you want the best of both worlds, you must toss some steak fries in the air fryer.
Let’s find out:
- How to create steak fries in an air fryer that are both crispy and tasty
- How long should you cook your air fryer steak fries if they are frozen
- Which frozen steak fries are ideal for cooking in an air fryer
- What to pair with this delicious appetizer or entrée
At your party, steak fries in an air fryer are a dish sure to please everyone. While they will be taken from the freezer to the table in approximately fifteen minutes, we consider that a perfect situation.
When time is of the essence, and you require a side dish that will please many people quickly, you can’t go wrong with yummy ol’ fried potatoes!
How to cook steak your fries in the air fryer
1st step: Let your air fryer hit a temperature 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2nd step: Arrange the air fryer steak fries within a basket in a single layer with a small extension as feasible.
3rd step: Wait 7 minutes before serving on the plates. After giving the basket a quick shake, continue cooking for another three to eight minutes, checking on it occasionally.
How long do steak fries need to cook in your air fryer?
Since each air fryer can be unique, you should always do such small experimentation to determine the ideal cooking time for your food for small in-house get-togethers.
In addition, the number of fries you get in the bucket may impact how much time it will take for each fry to go to the proper level of crispiness after they are cooked.
After shaking the basket, check on the steak fries in the air fryer regularly for the next five minutes. They could be completed in a short amount of time, or they can require a little more time. Make sure you keep looking!
Can you make steak fries at your home?
Absolutely! Be aware, however, that the amount of time required to cook the steak fries in an air fryer if you prepare them from scratch will be somewhat different from that required for pre-cooked or frozen fries.
If you want to learn how to create handmade fries, you should check out the recipe for the steak nacho fries burrito you posted on my website.
How are steak fries reheated in air fryer
Follow these simple steps. These are all that you need to reheat steak fries in an air fryer to perfection. This is regardless of whether you cooked extra and froze them or carried some from any cafe home with you. This should be your favorite way to prepare fries from Red Robin that have been left over:
- Bring the temperature of your air fryer to 350 degrees F for serving
- Put the steak fries that are still in the container into your basket
- Now cook only about three minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the food is well cooked, and crispy
Why can some air fryers not make steak fries?
The most crucial step when cooking frozen steak fries in an air fryer is arranging them in the double coating. Ideally, keep them from contacting each other. When there is excessive overspread, this hot air won’t be apt to flow within every fry, which will cause them to burn.
Next, wait until that air fryer has reached the desired temperature before putting your fries. You might want them to be cooked as quickly as possible by the hot air, and we also want any moisture to be evaporated.
If the proper temperature isn’t adequate, the vapor from your frozen steak nacho fries burrito can make these soggy as you cook them. This would occur if the temperature were too low.
Finally, you should give the basket a good shake after seven minutes. It can help assure that these fries can get cooked equally and achieve their potential for maximum crispiness!
Do you require adding oil for frozen steak fries?
There is no requirement for you to require additional oil. This may result in the fries having a soggy texture.
Foods that are frozen typically have enough oil on them. There is always the possibility of giving them water spray if they become dry, but you have never found it necessary.
Combine the seasoning ingredients in a bowl, followed by the frozen steak fries, to prepare this dish using frozen fries.
Try tossing to garnish air fry as rapidly as feasible till your fries begin to thaw. Because you want to ensure that they stay crispy while being cooked in the air fryer, you should prepare these things when you put them in your air fryer, even if they are frozen.
How long do steak fries need to cook in your air fryer?
Start frying the steak fries in an air fryer at a temperature of 360 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius); shake your basket every 8 to 10 minutes till these get crispy and golden brown.
Time to cook
- Between 15 and 20 minutes for the steak fries to scramble
- 15–20 mins for steak fries cooked from frozen
- The exact amount of time needed to cook the fries is determined by the number of your fries and the capacity of the air fryer
- If your fries are not crispy as you like, continue to air fry them for different intervals of 5 minutes until these become completely done
Types of serving methods
- Try with the dipping sauce of your choice; we recommend barbeque sauce
- Put on as many of your preferred toppings as you can, nacho-style
- You might also try sour cream, shredded cheese, and salsa
- Sprinkle the French fries with Parmesan cheese as soon as they come out of the air fryer so the cheese may melt into the fries.
Storing and reheating technique
The steak fries can be kept in your fridge for up to 6 days if sealed in an airtight container and placed in the container.
Your air fryer should be used to reheat the steak fries. Reheat them for 8-9 mins at 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) in your air fryer basket. Give the basket a good shake to disperse the fries midway through your frying time.
How to make steak fries in an air fryer from the ground up
- Fry the potatoes lengthwise until they are long and wide, with a width of about 4/5 inches and a thickness of about 2/3 inches
- Soak the french fries in ice water for twenty to thirty minutes
- After the potatoes have been chopped, this helps remove the excess starch left on the surface (which stops them from crisping up)
- Perform a thorough cleaning followed by drying with your paper towel
- To cook the fries, toss them in oil or spray them with oil for a healthier option
- After properly combining the seasoning in a separate dish, sprinkle it over your fries and give them another thorough coating by tossing the bowl
- Put the fries in the basket of the air fryer
Air fryer steak fries from scratch
You will need large russet potatoes if you make these steak fries from scratch. If you don’t have russet, you can substitute any other variety of apples that are labeled as suitable for baking or roasting.
Using a potato species that is naturally fluffy is, as should come as no surprise, essential to achieving steak fries that are wonderfully airy on the interior.
Air fryer steak fries from frozen
You can also prepare this dish with frozen steak fries if you like. Ore-Ida and McCain are two excellent brands to consider.
Be sure to consider whether or not they already have seasoning on them, and then alter the amount of seasoning you add accordingly. If they already have salt in them, you don’t need to add any more (unless you enjoy having salty things), but you can still add the other seasoning components if you want to.
Steak fry seasoning
The seasoning blend used for this recipe is the most popular among families. However, you are welcome to use the seasoning blend that is your favorite (try Cajun seasoning or Italian seasoning), or you can omit the seasoning altogether if you would rather have plain steak fries.
The seasoning is a combination of the following:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt and
- Kosher salt
If you start from scratch with these steak fries, you will need to add some oil. Adding more oil to frozen steak fries is unnecessary because they typically include oil. However, if you want your steak fries to be particularly crispy, you can achieve this by adding a small amount of additional oil.
You typically use olive oil light when you cook in my air fryer. However, you can use any cooking oil with a high smoke point. Avocado oil and other vegetable oils are both excellent choices.
Note: Since this recipe calls for cooking at a high temperature, you should not use extra virgin olive oil. This is recommended because it increases the likelihood of your air fryer’s smoke.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do you need to oil the basket of an air fryer before using it?
In this recipe, you shouldn’t have to utilize any oil. You will not have any problems with things sticking.
2. How long can you toast the frozen steak fries?
You must cook for approximately 15 mins at the temperature of 250 degrees F. It would help if you shook your basket halfway properly.
3. May I use an instant pot air fryer accessory and the duo crisp?
While cooking such steak fries in the Instant Pot air fryer covering, Duo steak n fries, or Pro Crisp, you may use the same timing and temperature settings that you would normally use.
4. Which brand of steak fries can be used?
You can use steak fries from the brand Red Robin. You do not have to try Red Robin; you may substitute any brand, including Ore-Ida. This cooking period may need to be adjusted. Just make sure you monitor them closely while they are in the kitchen.
5. What can I do to ensure steak fries are not crusty?
Continue to air toss steak n fries for a further two to three minutes.
6. Would the air fryer be suitable for reheating these fries?
It is possible to reheat the fries by placing them in an air fryer for two to three minutes at a temperature of 380 degrees F.
7. What is the process of making the quantity double?
Your air fryer’s capacity is a factor in answer to this question. You only need to ensure that they are not packed in too tightly, as this can inhibit airflow. You can easily do the air frying in two separate batches if you need to cook a larger quantity than normal. Because the air fryer is already hot, the 2nd batch can get a limited duration to prepare than the first.