There are several weight loss and fat loss treatments in the industry in the modern-day world. As many people take their natural fitness seriously, there is an increasing need for long-term fat remedies.- FAT FREEZING†
Of recent, fat freezing in Singapore has become a prominent and common thing among people looking to help reduce the more stubborn fat. It is also called cryolipolysis. While we have heard a lot of people, even celebrities talking about this treatment, the major thing that bothers some people is what fat freezing is all about.
What Is Fat Freezing?
Its medical term is cryolipolysis. It is a non-surgical procedure that can be used to reduce fat. This procedure utilizes cold temperature to reduce the amount of fat in the body by killing fat cells. It is regarded as a substitute for liposuction in the cosmetic industry.
The procedure reduces fat bulges that cannot be reduced through exercise and dieting.†
Pros Of Fat Freezing†
There are several advantages of fat freezing, and some of them are;
- Non-invasive – Fat freezing is a non-invasive procedure. All that happens is that the specialist will place the machine/applicator on the area of concern, and the applicator will pull the skin and release cold energy to kill the fat cells that are under the skin. Several people have said that the procedure is a painless one, and the suction of the applicator is tolerable.†
- Brief treatment time – The time to perform the fat freezing procedure on a localized part of the body is about sixty minutes. In cases where you have more than one localized body part, the time taken will be relatively longer. Also, the back will take longer because it is wider than other body parts. Some devices claim to be able to freeze fat in thirty minutes or less.
- Short time for recovery – Compared to liposuction, cryolipolysis does not require much time for the patient to heal. The procedure can be done as an outpatient treatment. After a fat-freezing treatment, the patient can return to their daily activities that same day or the day after.†
- It is a pain-free procedure – Although the procedure is done at a very low temperature so that the fat cells will freeze and be unable to multiply, the temperature is not low enough to cause damage or discomfort to the patient. Although the procedure is said to be painless, you may feel the pain that is caused when the applicator machine is pulling.
- High success rate – The procedure has been so recognized due to its high success rate. In a review conducted in 2015, patients who underwent the procedure experienced about 14-28% reduction in fat in the treated areas. The result of fat freezing becomes evident after about six weeks of treatment. The result will be permanent if the patient sticks to a balanced and healthy diet and constant exercise.
Cons of Fat Freezing
Like any other medical procedure, there can be drawbacks to cryolipolysis. However, since it is not an invasive procedure, the negative effects are considerably lower than other cosmetic procedures. Below are the drawbacks of the cryolipolysis procedure:
- Side effects – Like all cosmetic procedures, fat freezing also has side effects, although they are few since it is non-invasive. Over time, some clients have complained of side effects like numbness, redness, swellings, and increased skin sensitivity in the areas treated. However, you can reduce the side effects with adequate post-fat freezing care.
- It May require more than one session – The fat-freezing procedure may need more than one session to see the desired result. The number of sessions that will be required will depend on the area targeted.
- It cannot be done for people in bad health – The procedure is recommended strictly for people in good health. It is not suitable for people with neurologic and orthopedic problems. It is not for people that are obese but for people who are looking to reduce fats in certain parts of the body.
- The result might not be seen quickly. – The desired result might not be seen as fast as we expect. Sometimes it might take about 3-6 months to see the desired outcome. Note that weight gain can be possible even after undergoing the procedure as fat can be deposited in other places. This is why the patient needs to stick to a healthy diet plan.
- The skin might become loose – Due to its ability to effectively reduce fat, the areas treated will lose fat, and the skin will be saggy. Hence there may be a need to tighten the skin by using advanced radiofrequency.
How much will fat freezing cost?
The total cost of the procedure will depend on what you want to achieve. However, the average cost ranges between $2,000 and $4,000.
Does insurance cover the cost of fat freezing?
Insurance does not cover most cosmetic procedures. So it doesnít cover the cost of fat freezing.
How long does it take to see a difference?
The result of fat freezing takes about three months to be visible.