Consoles are one of the best forms of entertainment that you will find today on mobile device. PlayStation 4, in particular, is one of the best when it was released. PS4’s game library is pretty extensive, and it’s probably one of the reasons why many users love the console. There are tons of features that it offers to its users that you might think, what’s there not to love about it?
However, there is one setback. You can’t take the console where ever you go and play the games anywhere you are. What if we show you that there is a way that you can play your favorite games wherever you are? Well, in this article, we will show how to use PlayStation Remote Play to play your favorite games on the go.
What is PlayStation Remote Play?
PlayStation remote play is a feature that allows the console to transmit video and audio transmission for remote access. It was introduced by Sony for its roster of video game consoles. It could only be used on a PSP or PSP Vita before, but it expanded to include the PlayStation TV, tablets, smartphones, and PlayStation Now.
In 2016, the feature also expanded to include Windows and macOS and the compatibility with both Android and iOS devices. This means you can start playing with your PS4, pause the game, switch to a device with a Remote Play app, and continue playing the game where you left off. With a mobile device, you can start playing your PS4 wherever you go.
How to Use PlayStation Remote Play on Mobile Devices
To activate the PS4 Remote Play feature, the first step you should do is enable remote access to your PS4. To do this, turn your PS4 on and go to settings. Then, go to Remote Play Connection Settings, and make sure that the “Enable Remote Play” is on. To link your mobile device to your PS4, here are the steps.
- Download and install the Remote Play app on your mobile devices. This can be found in the app store or from the Sony website.
- Turn your PS4 on and start the Remote Play app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Log in with your PSN account and make sure that you use the same account on both devices.
- Hit next, and the app still to pair your PS4 with your mobile device.
How to Use PlayStation Remote Play on PC/Mac
Using the Remote Play on your PC or Mac is also possible. The process of pairing your PS4 to your PC is almost similar to connecting a mobile device. The steps are simple. All you need to do is connect your PC or Mac to your PS4.
- Download and install Remote Play on your computer. The client can be downloaded from the Sony website.
- Turn your PS4 on and connect the controller to your PC.
- Start the Remote Play on your PC and sign in using your PSN account.
- The program will start to pair the two systems, and once linked, you can enjoy playing your games.
Takeaway of Mobile Device
There you have it, a guide on setting up the Remote Play app so you can enjoy playing your favorite games wherever you are and anytime you want. As long as you have the console and a reliable internet connection, there’s nothing that can stop you from playing.